Lead Spanish Preschool Teacher for Georgetown D.C. Location
We are looking for a Lead Spanish Teacher for our preschool program.
Early Steps Bilingual Preschool is a Spanish-English immersion school with 4 different locations in Arlington, Springfield, Vienna, and now Georgetown.
The Lead Spanish Teacher will:
- Assist in implementing the center’s policies and procedures.
- Plan and teach daily lessons and activities based on the curriculum, assessed strengths, interests and needs of all of the children in the class.
- Provide a safe, secure and nurturing environment, and adequate supervision for children in class and at our school.
- Ensure basic school and classroom maintenance by cleaning up and caring for materials in the classroom and playground (and teach children to do the same), and other related duties as assigned.
- Complete formal and informal assessments on each child that inform and guide curriculum development for individuals and small groups.
- Attend in-service training programs and complete continuing education requirements, as required.
- Efficiently communicate and collaborate regularly with parents, teachers, and administrators about the development of the children.
- BA in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Prior classroom experience
- Demonstrates knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superior classroom management skills
- Ability to solve problems and practice positive behavior guidance
- Ability to produce weekly lesson plans
- Ability to provide active supervision at all times
- Must be a self-disciplined and dependable team player
- Ability to follow school policies and procedures
- Various other responsibilities that vary by classroom/age
- Must be able to physically lift up to 50 pounds, on a daily basis and at any given time during the workday to carry and care for the children if necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 – $40,000.00/per year
Required Education: Bachelor’s
**Must be able to pass a criminal background check, a Child Protective Services background check, a TB test, and be willing to obtain CPR, First Aid, and MAT Certifications.
Paid holidays (federal school closings, snow days & more), Paid vacation, Paid training courses through Child Care Education Institute. We offer Health Insurance. Personal days and Sick days.
Candidates may send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Early Steps Bilingual Preschool c/o Ana Cespedes, 1701 N Bryan St., Arlington, VA 22201. Call us at 703-243-1198