Interesting Insights on Childhood Development
As a bilingual preschool in Virginia, we’ve found the following interesting insights about how a child develops. We share this with you in the hope that you can take advantage of the information to nurture your child’s learning and overall development even more.
- As a baby is formed in the mother’s womb, their development can be affected by how the mother takes care of them during pregnancy. For this reason, pregnant moms are always advised to stay away from smoking, illegal drugs, and other unhealthy practices so that their babies will develop and grow normally.
- The child’s genes also affect the way they develop. Mostly in the physical aspect, the child can inherit physical attributes from their parents such as the height and hair color. However, once they were born, their environment can also affect their development. Factors such as the food they eat or the activities they do can influence their development.
- The parents can influence the child’s growth and development. The way the parents discipline and nurture their child can affect how the little ones develop confidence and competency on their own. When parents are also supportive when the child is enrolled in a bilingual daycare in Washington, DC, their child’s learning experience can go to great lengths.
- The child’s bodily growth follows a pattern that is predictable. Even as the baby develops inside the womb, the development starts at the center, then from up going down, then inward to the extremities. For this reason, healthcare experts can set milestones to expect at a particular age of a child knowing that the predictable pattern will generate the expected result, or else, something is wrong with their development.
- When a baby starts to babble, it’s their earliest phase of developing a language. From this babbling, they can form single words, evolving into two-word and multi-word phases of language development. Eventually, the child will learn how to speak. When the little one is also enrolled in our preschool in Virginia, they can acquire more knowledge in learning another language.
- The parents’ quick response to their children’s needs can help improve the child’s psychological development. When a parent takes time to play and talk with their child, the tot can develop a deeper attachment to that person. As a result, they grow to become more empathetic with others and having confidence on their own.
- A quality day care provider can be the child’s nurturing environment second to their home and can help work out a positive impact on your little one. The learning programs and opportunities with other children their age help them to develop their social skills, learning abilities, and communicative abilities. When they’re assisted by trustworthy childcare providers, they can learn to be responsible and trusting of their capability even as young as they are.
Do these insights inspire you to take an active part in your child’s development? At Early Steps Bilingual Preschool, we’ll fully back you up.